Monday, February 20, 2012

Merchant Monday Circle Featuring Kris of Maple Street Shoppe

Good Monday Afternoon to you all. Hope you all had a great weekend! Today I have another great artist of the PAFA Etsy team. Kris. Please read on to find out more about Kris.

Your first name and Name of your business *and how you got your name*
Kris Lavoie ~ Maple Street Shoppe
The buisness got it's name right from our adress :)
My husband and I and our six kids moved to the little town of East Brookfield, MA as our family expanded past the limits of our 3 bd ranch. I fell In love with a 1778 colonial that used to be the an Inn years and years ago. I have always loved antiques and my husband was a new glass and brass kind of fella, but it didn't take him long before he caught the "antique " bug. He works on the house and barns and I make everything look old again. When the children are grown we hope to make a B&B and shoppe right here on Maple Street.


2)How long have you been in business
I have been creating for myself and family for years but just recently began to sell my items to others.

3)Who or what inspires you
EVERYTHING inspires me. I make my family nuts. Every time we are out i am saying ooohh I could make thatt look like __________ or hoey do you think you could make me a___________., wouldn't that look nice? ( having a hubby who is a talented caprenter is the greatest!


4)What is your creative style, primitive, country, folkart
All of the above

5)What medium do you use in creating, clay, fabric, altered art, wood etc. explain here if you would like to about your business and what you make and sell
I make candles and sprays as I love my house to smell pretty, but my favorite is repainting, grunging , stenciling, and making new items look old or making old beat up items into something neat and interesting.


6)What are your links (list your etsy shop, eBay, web site, blogs etc.)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MapleStreetShoppe
http://maplestreetfriends.blogspot.com/
http://www.maplestreetshoppe.com
https://www.facebook.com/sharer#!/pages/Maple-Street-Friends/205537319478814
I hope you have enjoyed learning a little more about Kris.

I also want to remind everyone tomorrow starts the PAFA Etsy Team Spring Forward Celebrations!

Also if you haven't yet sign up for the biggest giveaway PAFA Team has had yet. Signing up to win one of the great prizes our team has put together.

3 comments:

  1. Donna this is a great feature on Kris

    thank you for sharing
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kris - it's nice to meet you.
    This is a very nicely written feature, Donna.
    I grabbed your button/badge, I'd be happy to have you take mine.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete